Shorten in Turnbulls shoes. Miserable Ghost 2

1. 46,400 Posts.
    ‘Miserable Ghost Mk 2: Shorten now wears Turnbull’s shoes’

Welcome to the column where you provide the content. It was the blame game for Bill Shorten, who according to Chris Kenny had a chance but failedto make an exit with dignity. Too bad, said Brad:
    “Miserable Ghost Mk II — Bill Shorten is now wearing Malcolm Turnbull’s shoes.”
    Too right, said John:
    READ NEXT

“Yes, add him to the list of miserable ghosts. It does demonstrate the difference in temperament between Shorten, Turnbull, Rudd, Gillard and Howard. I can’t remember Howard every appearing bitter.”
    Kate chipped in:
    “Which just proves that Shorten is, and always has been, about Shorten. Not his Party, not the country. It explains why he is taking the loss so badly. Though it does not excuse his bad loser behaviour.”
    Another Kate:
    “He chose bitterness. It was an undignified end and he will be remembered for that. Shorten lacks sincerity, integrity and self-reflection and his legacy will not be one he can be proud of.
    Beasley similarly lost, but went on to represent us as ambassador to the US. But Beasley had the respect of not only Labor voters but also Liberal ones because unlike Shorten he had integrity. And a convivial personality. I cannot see Shorten as anything but a highly unpopular politician.”
    Move along, said Ray:
    “This focus on the ALP is irrelevance personified. Let it go for at least another two years. I’m over the politics and would rather hear about things that matter like reduced energy prices, incentives for small business to stop the rapidly increasing demise of stores.”
    Fair go, said Geoff:
    “I think Shorten deserves the opportunity to say his piece as he leaves the senior role. I think the media needs to go back to reporting facts and not giving their all too often biased and unwanted opinion.”
    Kevin J revved up:
    “The Bob Brown convoy of electoral doom in Queensland didn’t rate a mention of blame it seems.”
    Nicholas noted:
    “Shorten is so arrogant and so cocksure of his own abilities that he has no concept of how to act with dignity, honesty and integrity. The electorate rejected him and his idiotic and dangerous policies.
    “He is a typical poor sore loser, blame everyone else and everything for the loss and refuse to face up to and accept that the chief engineer of his ability to lose the unloseable election was solely of his own making.”
    Gavin was savage:
    “Shorten’s a hypocrite. He was more than happy to indulge in scare tactics himself — read Mediscare, but then has the gall to attack the Coalition as being scaremongers. The guy just doesn’t get it — smart Aussies abandoned him and Labor because they were fearful of their futures under his leadership.
    “The gift that just keeps on giving to the government will be Shorten as an opposition frontbencher reminding everyone, everyday about what a loser he is.”
    Ian’s interpretation:
    “Those of us who rejected Bill’s vision splendid two weeks ago can choose to be classified as corporate leviathans, vested interests or truculent turds.”
    Hasta la vista, said hand2mouth, whose pithiness earns comment of the week:
    “Dear Mr Shorten, to paraphrase Mr Morrison: ‘You got a go, you had a go … now please just go”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/co...s/news-story/7bb59883a34aa5ef3a213e38a4f6d7ec

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.