GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I think we all wish that, Thesi! I guess there are different...

1. 210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    I think we all wish that, Thesi!

I guess there are different perspectives on the definition of the "best decision" that is perplexing you.

I believe in Galaxy and its management, strong fundamentals and an industry with amazing potential growth. I think that lithium will be the new oil.

If I was a totally committed to maintaining the status quo with massive investment in oil, ICE and protecting fossil fuel hegemony, then my version of the "Best Decision"would be fundamentally different.

https://www.davemanuel.com/investor-dictionary/bear-raid/

A simple, traditional bear-raid usually involves a single stock or small group of stocks, most commonly to make a profit from the trade.

Imagine though, that a whole market segment of the world's wealth saw itself being led to early retirement by a new paradigm. Bigger problem, bigger resources, but the same tactics make sense.

A rumour or two (analyst predictions) and concerted short selling pressure depresses the value of the new market segment. By keeping the pressure on and share prices down, it is very much harder to obtain finance for the new entrants to develop their industry. The previous predictions start to appear well founded as timelines to development blow out and investor sentiment sinks. Losing money in a short squeeze, just a few billion$ here and there, is quite conceivably a small price to pay to ensure the continuing success of the oil and ICE industries.

I don't necessarily believe that there is a major conspiracy afoot in all this, but I do find it surprising that the Morgan Stanley analysis of lithium oversupply received all the publicity and is still being quoted as the reason for the lithium sector's weakness when there is so much evidence, even financial results, that contradict it.

I don't worry about it too much though. We are already producing. The POSCO agreement has basically financed the development of SDV and cashflow will get James Bay up and running with little requirement for borrowings.

I don't expect that the POSCO cash will result in a short squeeze though, in fact I think it is already priced in by those who care. The very deep pockets (and they must be to do this to ALL the lithium markets) behind the shorting will just take it in their stride. BUT THE TIME WILL COME!

Obviously this is just my personal opinion, not advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.