AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

TFA,All the panic posts I saw here on Thursday were people up in...

1. 7,728 Posts.
    TFA,

All the panic posts I saw here on Thursday were people up in arms that the price could only have moved down to such a degree because of manipulation, shorting etc etc.

Unfortunately, they, and you, just refuse to accept that markets go up and down, quite often for no apparent reason.

You think AGO is an island unto itself? Have you not seen miners everywhere around the world about 20% down from their highs in 2011?

The smaller the miner the more vulnerable it is, maybe not in book value etc, but certainly where it counts, in sentiment.

Not understanding how the market works results in people such as at FMG during the week, expecting their stock to be green green green after a positive production report----while miners all over the world were wallowing in a sea of red.

You expect to buy a stock, sit back and watch the price and your capital grow because that is the fair and equitable and natural thing to do, right?

I'm sure there were Japanese who did that 20 years ago and they are still losing money.

I'm sure there were Americans who did that in 2000 and are only now back to head above water.

It's the stock market, silly, to borrow and bend an old phrase.

There are snakes, traps, spiders, all sorts of nasties lurking in it---if you don't like it, can't handle it, seek explanations everytime the price drops a few percentage points--- don't complain to ASIC, because it is all legal....simply stay out of it and put your money under the mattress or in a bank vault.

Shorting of banks was banned here during the GFC. Didn't stop them being sold down along with everything else.

I'm a trader, have been for many many years. It is my sole income.

I do not short, do not like the practice, never have done it.

But I still make my money in the environment which allows it and every other diabolical practice of which people complain.

To trade in that environment you have to understand how the market works, and that is an on-going education.

If a trade goes against me, I blame only one person: ME.

You have to ask yourself one thing: If you know shorting is allowed and it happens and it can ruin a company---why the hell are you buying stocks then?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.