AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

use some logic guys, dont blame the shorters. The only reason...

1. Gus
    219 Posts.
    use some logic guys, dont blame the shorters. The only reason shorters success is because you guys are selling. If you dont sell and keep holding they would fail. You should read the case of hedge funds versus Porsche. Shorters and hedge funds were shorting Volkswagen, all of them got burned and bankrupt when they realise there was not enough stock to cover their short. Apparently Porsche had quietly bought most of VW's stock on the floating market. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/10/28/us-volkswagen-idUSTRE49R3I920081028)

and to all shorters, i think you are playing with fire shorting Atlas. You can short FMG but not Atlas. In the even of declining iron ore price, Atlas has the best chance of surviving than FMG or most of the iron companies in Pilbarra. They got plenty of cash,low debt and can survive long enough even if they stop producing. Their cost of production is $50 per ton...so imagine how much profit margin if iron ore price is selling at $100 per ton?? Australia has lower cost of production than China. Once iron ore price fall to $90 per ton, China iron ore producers can't compete and close down their iron ore mine, creating a diminishing supply and sending back the iron ore price up. Even at price (which i think wont happen) at $70 per ton, Atlas is still making nice profit.

I will be waiting for my Atlas' dividend cheque in my mailbox.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.