MQG 1.31% $219.96 macquarie group limited

I’ve made made a lot of money this week shorting crypto. And...

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    I’ve made made a lot of money this week shorting crypto. And that’s probably all you’d consider shorting right now.
    I know there is an argument of overvaluation when you look at the total value of the market, but you need to break that value down into its components, you than realise the market isn’t overvalued. It’s now a more sophisticated composition, and with the post covid runway, it’s incredibly risky to short primed economies when the pilots are about to go full throttle with 2-3 years of hard take off. The captains of the economies aren’t going to say no to delivering huge returns to the people.
    I’m itching for my great aunt Agnes to kick the bucket so I can take my inheritance to fund my retire via the investment of impeccable business.
    Your 00 & 08 bubble prediction is totally inaccurate, those bubbles frothed when all these great businesses exceeded traditional ranges by upwards of 40%. They got sold off and returned to those averages. The market today presents itself within those traditional ranges, so if you happen to have a ‘bubble’ we need to see a heavy acceleration in asset prices, and it needs to drive the XAO to over 10,000 points within 18 months. So my opinions and expectations are that shorting now is financial suicide, if the conditions at present create the bubble, it’ll take at least 18 more months for that to become a reality. So perhaps shorting late 22, early 23 is possible, but now, I think it’s a very bad decision. And FYI not financial advice just a financial debate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MQG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$219.96
Change
2.840(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $83.83B
Open High Low Value Volume
$217.61 $221.10 $217.61 $112.1M 510.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6 $219.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$219.97 723 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MQG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.