LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

shorters providing opportunity?, page-22

1. 198 Posts.
    Agree!
    But we are where we are.

Coal projects in general take ages to generate cash flow. UCG in general, is a gambling business.

My doubt is if we seperate the division now, UCG will simply die without GCL deal going through. There isn't any cash flowing in. Coal is terrible at the moment. China is packed full of coal piling up on the harbor and no one is towing the stock away. India is just bureaucratic, nothing gets off ground easily. They ran out of coal simply because they are just way too slow in action. To survive, Lnc would probably end up selling assets for cheap in the short/near time frame just to survive. Oil probably will survive if you believe in the report.

But the overall value is significant reduced due to splitting. BTW given peter the way he is, he is not going to split nor is he going to listen IMO. With 40% in his hand, i doubt anything can change his mind. So IMO, i think it is bad overall to split and wasting of energy to think about it seriously because it is not going to happen.

However i do believe GCL is going through beyond reasonable doubt. As i am a Chinese myself, knowing the chinese culture, GCL project is now too big to fail. CTL is red hot in the loop among super giant boys. One chinese giant just invested 3b in altano (south australia company listed on london) for CTL last month on 2/06/12. There are another 4 is pumped to go full steam ahead waiting for the flag fall. But only one is approved to go industry scale. GCL is the only UCG one and blessed by the government. The blessing is the unique advantage. Without the blessing, i would agree that UCG is nothing more than a blue sky pie.

BTW, why do we have so many nominee companies sitting there in top 20? Anyone has any guess?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.