PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

shorting is over !

1. 1,043 Posts.
    From the boa announcement shares returned and it looks like the shorting is over . Yeeehaaaaaa !! Also another announcement on platinum supply i thought you should see cheers dean

Impala Platinum: Rustenburg lost production at 80,000 oz 21st February 2012
    Impala Platinum (Implats) says strike action and violent disturbances at its Rustenburg mine has cost it 80,000 oz in lost production.

Production at the mine, the company's largest, accounting for 60 per cent of Implats platinum output, was halted five weeks ago following wildcat strikes by rock drill operators.

The company dismissed 17,200 workers and began the process of rehiring, before some of the workers began to riot.

Chief executive officer David Brown has indicated that it could take a month for production at the mine to get back to normal.

Continued disruption is likely to negatively impact the company's chances of achieving its 2012 production target of 915,000 oz.

Last week, Implats reported a loss of 33,000 oz in the six months to December 2011, because of increased Section 54 safety stoppages.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.