88E 50.0% 0.3¢ 88 energy limited

Shorts are basically people betting against a stock, its a...

1. 1,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84

Shorts are basically people betting against a stock, its a little complicated but its the reverse of purchasing of normal stocks.

When you buy a short, you are selling to create your position (which can force a to go sideways/downwards).

Unlike the craziness of US, ASX limits the total short ratio-to normal SOI for about 5-12% I think.

However, due to 88e having a massive SOI, the amount of shorts available/trade able is significantly increased for a typical penny stock.

The first picture shows a chart of the total shorts held / to total market cap-SOI.
    Due to the complexity of shorts, this chart is T-4 delayed (4 trading days behind)

The second is a snippet of a pdf showing total gross trades of short positions. Gross trades do not show whether people are exiting or entering the trade. One way to tell is by looking at a normal chart and if the price has gone sideways/down and compare it with the gross short trades, then that is a possible sign people are shorting.

Please DYOR on shorting as its a extremely dangerous financial tool and should not be lightly.

I posts about shorts on 88e as I have a long position and if other people are sceptic as to the price direction that thses charts may help them

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $17.16K 7.218M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
593 882612694 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 481980133 119
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.