HFR 0.75% 33.3¢ highfield resources limited

Those short positions look tiny to me. I have a different...

1. 5,498 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1360
    Those short positions look tiny to me. I have a different hypothesis. A thinly traded stock with promise yet considerable uncertainty is ideal for bots. Push down the intraday price with vigorous selling, trigger the stoplosses of nervous players which drives down the price more, buy up at the lower price and go home content. Could even let the SP recover at close.

Next day, buy orders are placed up and down the price board by players who can see the value here. Sell yesterday's purchases into the thin market again. This need not involve a lot of cash or stock as the bot simply sells a handful of shares to set the market at the buy price, allows those who believe in the market to transact, waits for the next buy/sell gap and sells a handful again to establish a new lower market price.

To make 5 to 7% on an intraday trade is money for jam. I originally saw this as concerted selling by eg a disgruntled former manager with tons of stock, now I am convinced it is a bot, who has made a motza.

I think my hypothesis fits the observed behavior.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.3¢
Change
-0.003(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $131.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
33.5¢ 33.5¢ 33.0¢ $31.58K 94.57K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 133773 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.5¢ 4649 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.