"however don't delude yourself that KNL at this point in time is...

1. 14,095 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4066
    "however don't delude yourself that KNL at this point in time is worth more than the market is pricing it at, it's worth what the market says it's worth"

I have a problem with that argument. How can TON be worth 30c in June, 90c just 4 weeks later in July and then 30c again less than 3 weeks after that peak? There was not enough news to justify that big a climb and certainly not enough news to cause that big a decline in August (assuming it was worth 90c in July). The stock might be trading at those prices on those days but there is no way that the market could have been correct in the way it was valuing TON considering the size of those moves and lack of significant enough news. The underlying value of a company does not change that much in that short a timeframe without very significant news or a big change in the graphite market. Short term share prices and what a company is worth are two very different things IMO. If traders get over excited in either direction does that imply the companies valuation (as opposed to short term sp) has changed? I guess it depends on how you define what a company is worth. The current sp is not how I value companies. If it was then how could I try and decide if a stock is currently being undervalued by the market and therefore likely to eventually move higher (or vice versa)? Some people will argue a stock is worth what the market price is and others argue the market is often very inefficient in pricing stocks and they can take advantage of that.

Also IMO, most stocks (especially smaller stocks) are manipulated both up and down on a regular basis although the overall LONGER term trend is less likely being manipulated (however some would argue that the gold market is being manipulated over periods of years).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.5¢ 9.5¢ 9.5¢ $523 5.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 115552 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 49378 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.