GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

There is a kid at school who has been stealing my kid’s lunch...

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    There is a kid at school who has been stealing my kid’s lunch out of pure spite.
    On the way to school today I told my kid that she would never ever be in any trouble with me if she gave her a bunch of 5s next time it happened.
    And I’d take her out for the best ice cream in town if she ever got in trouble with teacher about it.

I don’t see much point in telling teacher on the ridiculous level of shorting here either.
    We can sort this out ourselves.
    Whilst its incredibly suspicious, obviously co-ordinated, and driven by manipulative bank reports designed to support institutional level shorting - I think proving that its technically illegal is perhaps a stretch too far.
    Ill-considered. Morally offensive. and ultimately destined to fail spectacularly in making a dent in Galaxy.
    They would be better descriptions of this latest action.

This campaign will only serve to strengthen and consolidate the next inevitable rise with new blood, interest and wallets and give the chance for anyone who has been on the sidelines before to get on board with a decent prospect of good profits from the positions they take up now.

It doesn’t make sense that Galaxy should be the one copping the impact from another re-hash of the oversupply argument. It should have had an even greater impact on virtually all other lithium stocks, as so many of them are so forward-looking, and Galaxy is already milking that Mt CashCow.
    That is the bit that doesn't make any sense at all. At the very worst for Galaxy is that lithium prices come down a bit in a couple of years. The worst for the rest is that they never manage to build or supply anything at all.

Galaxy management have responded to share holder angst by buying on market in as clear signal as they can send that they are prepared to put their own money down. As I have said before - its simply a gesture.
    It isn't everything.
    It shows good will and some camaraderie with those of us who are really feeling in the trenches at the moment.
    That is about as much as they can do right now to show their own faith in this stock and the prospects going forward.
    Any more could be seen as desperate. Things at the company aren’t desperate at all, the complete opposite even, as the mine clanks along, and there is already a historical precedent for what happens at Galaxy when its driven down for too long, against all common and financial measurement sense.
    That is called investment opportunity. Not desperation.

So instead of taking this completely lying down (which is actually very similar to my favourite position), I have started emailing a few of the rich bastards I know that never had a position here, possibly thinking they’d missed out,
    and sending them a link to shortman and to the latest Canaccord report on DSO.
    Basically letting them know that AC sees a short squeeze. A very big one.
    Maybe not tomorrow but any day now.

That recent Canaccord report pretty much frames the whole genocidal destruction of the share price lately
    and shows it up as a desperate and illogical game that the shorters are now committed to playing out.
    If they don’t keep applying more and more pressure the stock will simply rebound.
    Yesterday was an attempt to cause the bulls to lose their focus with another devastating dump.
    Today the same.
    I have never seen anything like this level of shorts on any stock. Even if there is somehow some covering going on in there it still represents more shares needed to be bought back
    than have even been put up for sale on the board at the moment. It has to give.
    The weak hands are already gone.
    Anyone watching the close will have seen that 350k sell order slide in a $1.64 to cap any end of day rally and push sellers down the board.
    Its been withdrawn again now. Another little trick.
    Any concept of fair valuation is now completely lost and the short squeeze event is only being increased and delayed - and the size of its eventual impact will wipe away any short term profit takers.
    Same as last time.

That Canaccord report deserves a lot more attention than anything that CITI has to say.
    It showed that my own back-of-the-envelope calculations were way too conservative.
    They also provided some interesting facts on the recovery rate of processors, which hasn’t really been available to the market before.
    This only serves to illustrate that even the LCE equivalent calculations for future hard rock production are subject to further mark downs when it comes to actual carbonate/hydroxide rolling out the other end of the processing facilities.
    Canaccord’s report comprehensively disproves the sustainable or profitable use of DSO supply and only strengthens GXY’s position as a concentrate producer.
    DSO will only serve to only push up the price of lithium that has now hit $18kUSD/t (prior to the 17% Chinese VAT being added).
    How this was not obvious to Deutsche Bank that they were on very thin ice advocating DSO? That is a case for further investigation, because they would have had access to the same quality of information as Canaccord.

Hopefully a few of these high net individuals can co-ordinate and collude a little in response to this latest attack.
    I only asked that the number of shares they bought ended with a particular number (I won’t say what it is) - so that there is a slight chance of tracking them on course of sales, and see if one or more of them are taking part in the push back.
    I’ll do a little buying now and a lot more later to take part in whatever push happens - to the best of my own very limited financial ability.
    Is that market manipulation? I really don’t know - and even if it is - then we could do with about as much organised resistance as we could muster against these bastards, who are obviously doing things in a highly co-ordinated way.
    I just hope it plays a tiny part in setting off a good sustained rally back to $3 and then beyond.
    If Galaxy can throw in a few positive developments along the way at SDV, Mt Cattlin and James Bay - all the better.

The shorts are now so brazen that there is little evidence of any covering at all, which is also technically impossible when shorts reach 100%.
    Do they still have a bit more ammo to keep spending millions to drive us down?
    Its costing them a lot to do this. How will they cover without losing? Capitulation?
    That has already happened.
    The resistance should only steadily increase and the potential for a sharp fast correction north is gaining strength.
    To dig in and defend the sp now after a 100% shorting day seems entirely the correct way of signalling to the shorters that those who have capitulated are already long gone and the rest of us are here for the prize of a future share price that more reasonably takes into account Galaxy’s current fundamental strength and future growth potential.

good luck to all holders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.