TLG 2.31% 63.5¢ talga group ltd

One of the traits of the English language is that the same word...

1. 1 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    One of the traits of the English language is that the same word can have several different meanings, because it has become obvious that in this instance, the Swedish Supreme Court does not hold the same opinion as that of Mark Thompson. Our Appeal has now been before the Court for almost 6 months, and if a decision is not made in the next month or two, then to our detriment, Sweden will soon be enjoying their annual month long summer vacation again.

Because I intentionally avoid social media, this is the first Post that I have ever written on not just Hot Copper, but anywhere. And last year I was even forced to change my phone number and email address, due to the proliferation of spammers and scammers who were invading my life. I purchasing my initial holding in Talga back in 2015 and whilst such as now it's been painful at times, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I first joined HC a decade or so ago and I've found it to be a very useful tool, by reading real time investor sentiment and other peoples opinions.

In the New Year just gone, my daughter Roxy ( name changed ) and my teenage granddaughter visited me for a couple of weeks, where we all had a terrific time. And due to my lack of understanding of the modern world, I became the source of endless entertainment as they attempted to re educate me. They said that they'd show me a few simple hacks, and I had to explain that apart from the fact there aren't many horses around here, they are more intelligent than you think. Although unfortunately for me, i innocently revealed my use of the Hot Copper website, and whilst i've been called many things in my life, they gleefully hit me with a new one and branded me as a Lurker. So in an attempt to shake off this unsavoury slur on my character, I have decided to come out of the closet and submit an article.

Several days a week if the weather isn't too hot, I spend a few hours fishing in the morning and playing golf in the afternoon. This level of exertion is a thirst trap, so I make sure to rehydrate afterwards with plenty of beer and bourbon. Yesterday was a big day, I went catfishing and landed a whopper, which I hash tagged and promptly released. I caught it using click bait because I'd had no success trolling and pod casting. Then the highlight of my afternoon was sinking a long birdie putt on the last hole, which drew such loud applause, that I clapped back in appreciation. Mind you, they were all sitting in the grandstand and I remember wishing that they'd throw some shade on me. Then whilst my playing partner was about to putt out, a loud bang distracted him, which we later discovered was a photo bomb, caused by the lithium battery in someones camera phone had exploded.

This morning after i'd opened my eyes I thought, I am woke, and later when I reflected on what a contented nights sleep that I'd had, I thought hang on, I'm also a Content Creator. Because now I've decided to embrace the Uber popular Self Assessment method and simply Declare who I am, as opposed to the old fashioned way where one had to actually possess a Trade Qualification or a Tertiary Degree or the like. My daughter informs me that the most highly respected people in the community are now You Tubers and Tik Tokkers and Bloggers and Ravers and Gamers, and of course those at the very top of the tree "the Influencers" where the measure of one's success is not expressed in tacky monetary terms, but on how many Followers you have. We've even got a bottle blonde master of self promotion from Sydney, who refers to herself as a PR Maven ( a term I had to look up ) although if it wasn't for the liberal use of peroxide, with her sharp features and close set beady eyes, she'd be a PR Raven instead.

And don't get me started about the Ponzi of all Ponzi schemes, ShitCoin, something which Buffett and his late sidekick Charlie refer to as Turds. Then there is FakeBook and SnapCrap and InstaScam and the follically challenged Mister X, who has revealed himself to be a real Twit, by decimating the Market Value of the company that he was taking over, before the deal had even settled. But in my opinion, the leading contender for the Gold Medal Award for presiding over the most spectacular implosion of a listed blue chip company, has to be Dougie boy from Magellan.

My darling Roxy is twice divorced and is on the hunt for a new partner, she is non binary, so the next pigeon would be a prime number. She explained that she is looking on line, because to ask someone out in person is now considered by many to be socially unacceptable and an invasion of privacy. Apparently you have to first submit a Profile, which would be disastrous for people like me who have a Roman nose, and you have to reveal some very personal stuff, like whether you are circumcised or not, or do you have fake tit's or lips or personality. I don't know about lips or personality, but I can easily detect fake breasts, not from their size but from one simple fact, that there is now no discernible cleavage, because the person who attached them usually leaves an expanse of bony chest about 50 to 100 millimetres wide. How bizarre. She also shared with me some of her experiences, like a bloke called Richard who she asked for a dick pic, only to receive a photo of his face. Says she should have swiped to the left instead of right, to which I replied, that stealing stuff off a supermarket shelf is one way of ensuring there is security in the relationship. And another fella who said that he was Artificially Intelligent because he read a lot of books, and another contender who she called an under the influencer, because he suggested they go out drinking, and I didn't have the heart to tell her that that was a tactic that used to work for me.

Writing this has been a lot of fun, but it's now time to put my trench coat back on and retreat to the shadows.

Goodbye and keep the dream alive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
63.5¢
Change
-0.015(2.31%)
Mkt cap ! $239.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 64.0¢ 61.0¢ $274.9K 441.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3952 63.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
64.0¢ 6236 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.30pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.