CUV 0.85% $15.37 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

The shorter (Is it REGAL? - AI keeps saying Regal to me) not...

1. 775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 988

The shorter (Is it REGAL? - AI keeps saying Regal to me) not even bothering to hide today's downward manipulation on more good news which should have been marked price sensitive by the ASX. The closing price was 3% below VWAP, which is a really strong sign they were trying to dump the price which was up over $16 in early trade, and for comparison CSL, Cochlear, Telix and PME all finished above VWAP despite most of them also being in the red. Even Resmed down 13% was around the VWAP price. Obvious manipulation in a low volume stock and once again why is Clinuvel content to allow this to happen on a pretty much daily basis for 5 years? This is despite a very powerful share buyback being in place which they simply do not use to protect shareholder interests. Most good CUV announcements are met with short attacks, it is a pattern which we have become familiar with over the years - the share buyback announcement was a really clear one with half a million new open short positions dumped into the market to control the share price which would have easily gone into the $20s without all that fake sell liquidity IMO.

Artificial Intelligence is certainly the future and I have been asking it about shorting and Clinuvel and the answer it gave me was .... Regal. I have asked it over quite a few days and it keeps saying Regal and I have no reason to doubt it. I checked the latest Regal report on the ASX and they are short 11 healthcare companies and over at Polynovo on Hotcopper they are often mentioned in the thread as shorting them. They don't seem to be ethically opposed to shorting healthcare companies to make a buck, I certainly wouldn't do it especially when one day your own child or family member may desperately need something from one of those companies. It is easy enough to see who Regal has long positions on in Healthcare, eg CSL and AI comfirmed they aren't shorting CSL.

So assuming they are shorting CUV then it follows they would want to keep a very close eye on share price action, forums, sentiment etc surrounding Clinuvel as they are extremely tightly held and lightly traded - and the shorter holds a massive and extremely risky position with CUV. My opinion is there is probably only one shorter otherwise when the share buyback was announced we would have seen a scramble to close out positions, but we actually saw the opposite, the shorter (I assume) opened about half a million more open short positions to control the price action or it would have skyrocketed. Can't imagine who else would decide it was time to start shorting the very profitable Clinuvel just when they announced a share buyback which will only use a tiny percentage of their massive cash reserves. Plus the Clinuvel EPP monopoly position is possibly the best it has ever been right now and the Vitiligo Phase 3 blockbuster is in progress. Recent announcements concerning a program into the mega blockbuster Parkinson's and today's good news on ODD for Variegate Porphyria are further positive developments, and I assume each week the profits just continue to roll in on a not much smaller scale than they do over at PME with its P/E of about 250.

I think it is worth doing a bit more digging into the activities of who is shorting Clinuvel, their motives, strategies and ASIC investigations and data etc. Anyone who is shorting a company which is the only one to have brought some treatment to children suffering the terrible disease of EPP, and in the future potentially horrendous diseases like XP, VP or Parkinson's, deserves close scrutiny.

All IMO DYOR

Last edited by Silverchair: Monday, 17:13

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.37
Change
0.130(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $770.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.36 $15.54 $15.18 $1.274M 82.63K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 $15.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.50 282 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.