CUV 7.03% $14.42 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Regal don't disclose that sort of data. ChatGPT is often a...

1. 15,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3991
    Regal don't disclose that sort of data. ChatGPT is often a terrible source, I wouldn't trust it. If they're shorting this we wouldn't know unless they said.

Regal are quite good when it comes to stock picking though, I highly doubt they'd be able to look at CUV at these prices and judge it to be a short. Their long/short strategy with healthcare works as you can sometimes see excessive valuations at the pre-revenue stage stabilise after the company becomes revenue generating (so I wouldn't be surprised if they initially rode this down via a short immediately after its FDA approval). You can also see companies in this space exercise pretty terrible capital management and destroy even the best tech that way, which can also create lucrative short opportunities. The probabilities here are certainly to the upside in my view, it's by far one of the highest quality companies on the ASX. If they're in this I would assume they'd be very long. However, if I find out Regal have been stupid enough to short this I will be sure to pull my money out of their funds immediately.

Not sure why we saw the little pull back at the end of the day, but it reminded me why this continues to be one of my top buys on the ASX at the moment (I'm even considering even adding it to my signature as a "2024 favourite" but I'm not sure whether it's right to have multiple favourites). This stock is being significantly ignored by the market, and the price action is completely irrational. It's a massively unloved stock yet is performing incredibly strongly fundamentally, and the near to long term outlook is incredibly exciting. It will likely be a decent wait, the market can remain irrational for a long time, but imo it'll pay off very nicely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.