CUV 0.85% $15.37 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Shorts are trapped, page-33

1. 775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 988
    They have taken Long/Short Healthcare out of RF1 I believe but the positions still exist. If you read their unitholder monthly report for March which was released to the ASX on 8/4/24 Regal said "Detractors this month were predominately from the Healthcare Long Short Strategy after the short book dragged on performance after small bounces in high conviction shorts during the month." This was the month when Clinuvel announced their share buyback and the share price jumped over 10% without any shares even being bought back. The shorter then had to pump in half a million new open short positions to control the share price which would have taken an enormous jump in this lightly traded stock without all that fake liquidity. My opinion is this is not just coincidence and it is one of their "high conviction shorts" which makes it really not so high conviction if you have to control the share price every minute of every day and introduce fake Sell liquidity on an almost daily basis - otherwise a small bounce can turn into a really big bounce. Also Regal list the company names of their long positions and Clinuvel is not listed, but their latest report says they are short 11 Healthcare stocks so I guess Clinuvel would be in amongst that 11, we can't know for sure but ChatGPT is getting better all the time. Regal does ok with some of their strategies, but Healthcare has never been good for them, pretty poor performer from what I can see despite CSL being so strong, I think they are/were shorting wound treating Polynovo and that isn't turning out well for them up over 100% from lows and looking good.

I doubt we will ever know 100% with the shorter, this one seems to line up in many regards, but who would really want to proudly put their name to shorting Clinuvel. Anyone who is shorting a company which is the only one to have brought some treatment to children suffering the terrible disease of EPP, and in the future potentially horrendous diseases like XP, VP or Parkinson's, deserves close scrutiny.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.37
Change
0.130(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $770.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.36 $15.54 $15.18 $1.274M 82.63K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 $15.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.50 282 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.