CUV 0.68% $14.80 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

This is why I have always believed there is only one hedge fund...

1. 764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 968
    This is why I have always believed there is only one hedge fund shorting CUV. Firstly, Clinuvel is very profitable and loads of cash piled up in the kitty so no chance of going broke and very unlikely to even raise capital - basically the exact opposite to the type of company you would short. Next, if there were multiple shorters they would fight each other to close positions and we would see a rapid rise in the share price - here when the buyback was announced they actually sold another 500 000 fake shares to keep the price under control or it would have jumped to the mid $20s almost instantly IMO. The pipeline is extremely strong and very risky to gamble against, forget everything else if just Vitiligo is approved as a new indication (because the drug is already FDA approved which is the major hurdle) then this will totally transform the company and shorters will struggle to constantly manipulate and control the narrative in that (very likely IMO) scenario. On top of everything the buyback is massive, the stock is very tightly held, lightly traded and only 50 Million shares are issued so buying and then removing 1.5 Million of them is huge and great for EPS - who would short against that? Finally, shorting a company which is the only one who has brought treatment to children suffering a terrible disease in EPP and is seeking to bring that to more children suffering EPP and other terrible diseases is an appalling way to fleece money from retail investors - I wonder if they brag about it in their shareholder reports and statements.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.80
Change
0.100(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $741.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.60 $15.00 $14.31 $1.171M 78.96K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 568 $14.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.85 100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.78
  Change
0.100 ( 0.48 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.81 $15.00 $14.54 5844
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.