MYG 7.19% 82.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

shorts in panic, page-27

1. 2,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    SS,

If gold pays divs or washes your car makes no difference, the value of gold is the same as the value for anything, what the market is prepared to pay for it

I heard an RBA member scoffing at gold in the media last month, comments like no intrinsic value, bubble and pays no dividends, as a member of an organisation that is in charge of running the RBA in the best interest of Australians I see this as a sure sign that the financially educated have no idea, the intrinsic value to Australians is we are the third largest producer of gold in the world and it employs 10 of thousands of people directly and indirectly, what an ignoramus!!!

Gold is currently out of favour with some financially educated and in favour with the majority of humans on the planet, the only truth is the gold will go up, go down and sideways in the future, same as it always has, our question is are we punting on the right side of the next movement, its surprising so many large financial institutions are saying no to gold as world governments are purposely damaging currencies in an effort to prop up struggling economies, what's up with that?

The possible bubbles I can see are bonds and share prices propped up by cheap money, and maybe housing in Oz if we get an extended recession, and what will a recession bring, a possible crash in the AUD, oh wait hello my friend Oz gold producers again.

Financial educated making statements that gold has no value is stupidity, even at $1000 an oz you don't get much metal to hold onto and I would suggest at $1000 the east would buy physical metal out.

71c4
    Positive on gold, negative on being 100% correct

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
82.0¢
Change
0.055(7.19%)
Mkt cap ! $75.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.0¢ 82.0¢ 75.5¢ $36.14K 45.64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5 82.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.