MYG 0.00% 72.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

shorts in panic, page-33

1. 4,703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    SimpleSimon - what part of 'consuming' does copper have over gold? I don't get the counter-argument against gold having no tangible real benefits.

Sure it can't be eaten etc, but like any metal such as copper it is consumed through industrial applications, personal applications (jewellry/vanity etc) amongst other things. Sure, the price will be dropping due to specualtive investment behind the whole 'hedge against curreny inflation/destabilisation etc' - but at the end of the day it has jsut as much of an use to be sold as any other metal commodity. It therefore generates cash and it DOES do something. I don't see why people like buffet or you continue to say it does nothing when clearly it has just as much of an use as other items people buy and sell.

You don't need to 'consume' makeup - but that doesn't stop companies behind these products operating and making profit out of it, and therefore there's an investment case possibly there. Same as gold.

Can't disagree that yes prices may drop with the specualtive end/demand falling back.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $65.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
72.0¢ 72.0¢ 72.0¢ $303 421

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2500 70.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 26250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.37pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.