BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Shorts Position, page-39

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    You are correct but nevertheless the corollary to your statement below is if a company is struggling how could you not be short.

"It's like suggesting how can anyone be long on a company if it's struggling"

I suppose what I'm really saying is that a company that attracts no shorters is a company that is not struggling so is one I'd rather be invest in. Shorters represent a form of potential leverage in the movement of the share price, leverage I can do without when choosing a gold producer to invest in. Like I've said all along BDR is not a gold producer it's a speculation on some holes in the ground in Brazil.

In my estimation I'm far more confident that the price of oil will be higher by this time next year than the price of gold so I am happier to take on the shorters in an oil stock. In fact I'm personally confident that oil will have risen by 50 to 100% by this time next year, I can't say the same for gold.

I think the arguments between investors in gold companies can get vitriolic at the moment because the rising tide in the gold price has rightly given everybody a little more confidence. However those who chose the gold stocks that performed before the gold price rise have for obvious reasons chosen the stronger companies and to some extend those people have more credibility when it comes to making comparisons.

We all make choices in this market. Good luck with yours. Eshmun

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.