BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Eshmun, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here again. ''I...

1. 284 Posts.
    Eshmun,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here again.

''I suppose what I'm really saying is that a company that attracts no shorters is a company that is not struggling so is one I'd rather be invest in.'' - Eshmun

I think you're confusing price and value. Just because a company has no shorters does not mean that it is not struggling. There have been many companies that were going along just fine, if judged by share price alone and lack of shorters, only to go bankrupt shortly thereafter.

There's plenty of value to be found in stocks that are ''struggling''. I don't claim to be an expert but in my own personal experience, I've only ever managed to make sizeable gains when I've invested in companies that were depressed due to factors I deemed to be transient or ''not that serious''.

When everything is awesome like in the case of NST or TBR, you pay a high price.

If there were a significant number of people shorting the ASX, would you then sell all your ASX listed stocks?

''Like I've said all along BDR is not a gold producer it's a speculation on some holes in the ground in Brazil.'' - Eshmun

All gold mining is a speculation, however, BDR is a gold producer, albeit, it is still having some issues... as did Rand mining (before it went from 45c to $1.85), as did just about every other company in the history of the stock market. (have issues)

As an aside, I completely disagree with your view on gold versus oil over the next few years. However, it is your opinion and you should invest accordingly, that being said, why are you even following gold at all? Why not just invest in oil?

Cheers
    Ivan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.