A2M 2.20% $6.49 the a2 milk company limited

Shorts will die. Starting to flee. Long live A2M!!!, page-50

1. 7,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2125
    Yes I take your point regarding reliance on China in a broader sense, however A2 is one of the most directly exposed. So from that POV I think you're being simplistic, clearly there are stocks on the ASX far less exposed to China, despite overall Aus dependence on the export market.

I fully understand I could be wrong in terms of this tail risk. A2 have just entered into business with a SOE retaining 25%, so that all bodes well the CCP will tolerate A2 for some time yet, maybe indefinetly.

I was skimming over some info regarding the extent to which China imports dairy. The majority comes from NZ and upwards of 50% of some dairy products are foreign imports. However, like I said, China will not want this level of dependence forever, and it will want to control a lot more of its food chain directly in the future for national security reasons.

They say buy quality companies when they hit short term problems, so by all means this is maybe a good opportunity. However, I just wanted to point out that at the moment and for years to come, your investment is dependent on the benevolence of the CCP allowing the A2 brand to make very high brand driven margins off its people on commodity type products.
    Last edited by JoeGambler: 28/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.