GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

shorts, page-3

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 544
    There's a couple of sources to look at - you're picking up the ASIC gross reported short positions report. This is notoriously "spiky", that is to say that it often has gaps due to the timelines for reporting. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more large reporters didn't meet the time cut-off and that the number will go back to roughly where it was tomorrow (reporting cut-offs are a confusing subject... more than I thought they would, but the world is more complicated than I know). The ASX securities lent and borrowed reports don't show the decline that you're talking about. Net borrowed as a percentage of SOI has actually increased in recent days to 7.9%, putting it in 5th position. Gross borrowed (and ASIC's gross short position report) are somewhat less useful as it effectively double counts stock that is lent/borrowed between participants in the Aus Sec Lending Association. As an investor/trader, you're probably more interested in the "real money" net positions than the interbank positions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.