STX 2.78% 17.5¢ strike energy limited

Khop, i had to laugh at this. LTR announcement today is a great...

1. 253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 422
    Khop, i had to laugh at this.

LTR announcement today is a great example that something could be around the corner at any moment. The comment in their announcement "based on the share registry information..... x has acquired a % stake in..." was of particular interest to me. Even though it was well below the 5% number, they still reported off the back of the unsolicited bid.

STX has come out (i think it was JP via the AFR) and said they are monitoring the share registry very closely. Further, as we know, there have been some major liquidity events in STX via the rebal over the last few weeks. Whilst a great deal of vol would have gone to index funds, it does provide liquidity opportunities for a potential suitor to gain a material stake. With the most recent major liquidity event last Thursday (if i recall correctly) and it generally takes 10 business days to get updated share registry information, keep watch end of next week

If i am a betting man, if someone has crept into the share registry and despite it being below 5%, we will find out soon

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $501.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $1.170M 6.732M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1634397 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 617607 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.