Shots fired at Trump rally, page-2215

1. 18,256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    @tangs thankyou - I probably should not have included 'science' as an example for old truths 'trumped' (rolleyes.png) in the next century . . . but am aware of the huge advances indefatigable 'seekers' in the field of science (of all kinds) have made in the last and this century, without necessarily discarding the old truths, but building on them, as you so kindly explained.
    My reference would have been more to the previous centuries, when new discoveries happened at a more leisurely pace. I also had the preachers of the multiplicity of religions, sects, (and political 'opinions') in mind who seem to own the word 'truth' as a kind of ultimate justification and defence for all their ramblings into spirituality. The frequency of their use of 'the truth' is usually commensurate with the craziness of ideas proposed.
    Trump on his own poses no real danger, but with the accoutrements of others' ambitions, plans, and a clever enemy (Putin), who probably had the man's measure on first sighting him - Western democracy (such as it is what.png) is in deep danger when this man gets into the driver's seat.
    Go well,
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.