@tangs - your post made me giggle!! - I don't know what I am...

1. 18,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @tangs - your post made me giggle!! - I don't know what I am doing on this thread, if truth be told/known . . . .
    am ashamed to say, that it makes me feel 'above it all ' just a leetle to read some posts on here; but I do care about what happens in the world, i like to keep informed, all that stuff - try and hold my own with friends, who are often like the people on this thread, just people who hold different views.

Math is my unhappy love - I discovered - too late - a good teacher who came from a geometric angle, with things one could actually touch/see in the real world.
    But 'languages' is my real love - I speak/read 3 and have a smattering of words from many . . . would have loved to have done 'latin'.
    To compare it with 'math' - it is a matter of learning a different language, isn't it?

This thread fascinates me insofar, that I cannot understand why people living in Australia should be so 'invested' in what goes on in America - I have one American friend, born, bred over there, married an Australian, and his interest in what is going on in his homeland is understandable, but people living here? in the 'lucky country'? - getting passionate about what amounts to a political circus show on the other side of the world?

However, watching nation-building is an interesting thing to do - and it is important to have good ideals to strive for - and we are overwhelmed and have to sort out the bulk of lies being bandied about - daily - on social media and also having them funnelled into our homes via TV . We have become willing feeders, being fed manure from all sides. Some of the sci-fi books of mid-last century had it right; was it 'Soma' the citizens were fed, in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'?
    It is really up to us to decide what is right and what is wrong, and for this, reading and getting involved in a thread like this (and many similar ones) is helpful, maybe even a duty!
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.