Should be noted, page-45

1. 23,774 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1347
    You owe an apology to Ruby2... I'm more than happy to relay patsifal's posts as she seems to know what went on too

Poster; Pintohoo

so this was your answer to reasonable questionsof what damage can be expected if a Cat 4 crosses the coast near you and wherewould you accommodate if your house was damaged or destroyed
    AND how long to rebuild and who would do it (youavoided both of those totally)

pinny
    "IF, a cat 4 crossed near your patch of the coast -"

sorry dear my like does not include the iffactor
    I live in the real World

So, there we have it --------- it's just 'not possible' inyour mind - even though the GC has had cyclones in the past AND the risk is nowincreased - warmer waters right where you are AND cyclones, whilst predictedless in number - are predicted to be more intense ----------- but, in your head--------------- not possible

cat 4 cyclone
    you dont understand or know bugger all about cyclones dear, do you, comrade

and that comment means what? --------- thatyou do know, and I do not? ------ Since I arranged a fair portion of theevacuation of Darwin AND flew in there for months soon after - that experiencealone tells me that I know at least a little --------- but ,thanks for yourtotally useless comment

tell us where you would expect toaccomodate if your house burned down

are you or your union comrades
    threating me, with your talk of burning my house down ?

FYI.......... move, into my caravan andtake a holiday or a 104 day World Cruise
    which we may latter in the year

well, at least we got a real answer there - yourcaravan - and yes, I think that's a reasonable backup - assuming it's notdestroyed and if so, you could get a replacement - you may well not be able tostay in your area though - because the demand would be astronomical if therewere major damage - you'd be in the
    queue with everyone else

or if the house wasn't a write off

demolish the house and build 2 new duplexes, as the Council has approvedthis
    who would do this 'demolishing'? - in a trades shortage crisis - and whowould do this 'build'? and just how long do you expect to wait for this'build'?
    anything else you would like to know sweeties
    like what we had for lunch and drinks and which Restaurant, what was the Billwhere we visited
    or //////''

as above
    yep - who would do your duplex building in a trades shortage crisis and howlong do you think you'd have to wait - seeing that people near you are waitingYEARS for house replacements in the latest storms

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poster; Ruby2 22Mar24

This is a classic and really makes me want tothrow up :

"Since I arranged a fair portion of theevacuation of Darwin AND flew in there for months soon after..."

Truth be told, he WAS in Darwin at the time -slept right though Tracy - in nice comfortable, undamaged army barracks - thenwas assigned to assist in the traffic control of vehicles leaving Darwin in thedays after.

They were then sent on R&R then came back onrotation to continue the clean-up.

Poster; Parsifal

There were a few posts in between and I don’tknow which one/s Ruby2 appreciated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby2

Thanks for your contributions, Parsifal -appreciated !

I'm very sensitive about the utter bs.

He accuses me (and every other who mightdisagree with the almighty) - of lies.

I was there - before, during and after - Ididn't get R&R til March.

I do know what it was all about.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.