WDC 0.00% $10.84 westfield group

should i hold onto wdc shares , page-12

1. 8 Posts.
    Hasamax - Not being naive about the possibly of WDC tipping, but their position as a retail company is better then most. It is correct that without additional money to throw around retail will suffer. The rents are quite high in their centres, but if they were smart they always have the opportunity to lower them if the markets are shouting it. Lets face it shopping centres are of no value without tenants and people and the business module in WDC is quite sharp and alert.

You are correct the prices of WDC might get cheaper but under this climate they have managed to hold well. Only hovering consistently between $16-$18 which is not bad for these times and also for a retail business - But if they drop lower its better for me.

It is correct they are exposed in the UK having just completed a centre in White city with an investment of $1B and also about to commence another shopping at Stratford city near Olympic park. Not sure what the value is but I would assume quite large. In Sydney they are starting the centre point tower project. Few years ago it was mentioned to be about $700M, so I assume with steel prices rising so high it would be near the $1B mark.

Another point of view if people work in construction. If you have money and the ecomony is alittle slow, I would assume most construction contractors would be willing to bid harder for jobs - if the market is slow as you can see with mining the metals are worth less therefore steelwork and materials would be worth less - if the ecomony slows there is a high possibility that interest rates will drop. If it were me I would rather buy and develop during these times. Also dont forget that large develops take a few years to design and construct. During these times when retailers maybe hurting are good opportunities to disrupt a shopping centre and hopefully by the end the ecomony would have turned. Construct for less with little disruption and catch the turn and hopefully the centres are worth more and sold off to other investors.

Just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.