Should Israel refer to Australia as occupied Aboriginal territory?, page-7

1. 5,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    Beanjet, it is you who have a very lopsided view of how the situation in Israel came to be. Australia now calling a city that is not the capital, the capital. That is hilarious. Cretins.
    Where to start?
    You have probably heard about the famous Bersheebs WW1 charge by the Australian light horse against the Turks. The breakthrough there opened the way to Jerusalem, and that is where and when the Balfour document was done. That document opened the way for jewish settlement in Israel, which up to that point had been Turkish.
    As jewish migrants moved into Israel they didn't steal land from current residents. They were able to buy a lot from locals who were happy to sell. The intention was to live in peace with muslims. who do you think turned nasty. That's right, the muslims being drive by forces from outside Israel. Even after the wars the knesset voted to return the Golan Heights to Syria. At that time Syria attended an Arab League meeting in Morocco (I think) and returned vowing destruction of Israel.
    Today the Druz people of the Golan Heights I have read are pretty happy the way things are.
    Peaceful co existance was tried over the rest of the country but with school bussed being attacked among other targets it was impossible.
    That is just a few random points. If you want to know the truth read Efraim Karsh's book " Palestine Betrayed" He has thoroughly researched the relevant documents and treaties from the beginning.
    He is the Professor and head of Middle East and Mediterranean Studies Programme at King's College, London.
    He has written several books on the conflicts.
    Beanjet I don't see any outrage over the Christians who were massacred in Southern Lebanon. You need to read up on that if you want to know what real genocide looks like. Also the Kurds who had their country taken after ww1 and they have been fighting ever since. Or the Armenian Genocide.
    It is just the Jews who are a problem. Funny that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.