Should kids pay board

1. 26,711 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 668
    Well I am a softy. My 2 little rebels, one is 21 next week the other 18 next year. Both at home, both have jobs (little rebel finished school last week, but been working part time for 2 years).

Both do not "waste " money... both save $$ (have more in savings than me

I deal with many families in my line of work, and are confronted with horror situations...

I am blessed that my 2 little rebels have not caused me any grief . The only argument could be, why didnt you empty the dishwasher, or how come the recyling is piling up.

I run the cars in the house , 3 pay all rego, servicing costs.. Older rebel fuels the car she drives, little rebel contributes to older rebel with fuel, or uses my car...

I am probably at odds with many, but I dont charge board, and am happy they are home in a secure, safe place. I am blessed I can still do this for my kids. Sure they could give me $$ to help pay my bills, but to see them as strong, stable kids, in our complex world is thanks and payment enough...
    Some parents get the $$ and save it and give it back to them, but as both my kids save very well it is not something I need to do..

I get told im not a good parent as I dont charge board and I argue the points raised above... each to their own..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.