Should kids pay board, page-2

1. 12,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 526
    Hi Rebel,

For starters, don't listen to what anybody else thinks on how you should raise your kids, you raise them how you want to... It seems everybody have opinions on how you should do things... I'm probably not the best person to ask since I also have 2 kids but they are 2 years old and 3 weeks old, I have plenty of time to worry about that... I wouldn't charge my kids rent, It wouldn't seem like the right thing to do, as long as they are helping out around the house is good enough for me.. My opinion would change if you can't afford to put food on the table. I moved out of home when I was 18 and went to uni and met my fiance when we were 19, lived on campus for 3 years then rented a house together until we could afford to buy one. Your kids would want to move out eventually, and I think the time is right when they get a full time job and/or long term girlfriend/boyfriend so they can start to live their own life... Every circumstance is different, there are so many variables so do what you think is right...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.