QAN 0.80% $7.42 qantas airways limited

should mr. joyce & board resign or be sacked??, page-3

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hey Dex,

I think you are missing the point mate. Fist of all, it is not a proposal by me to sack Mr. Joyce, merely a question to be put to shareholders in the event that the news report that I referred to is found to be true. Can we, should we, allow people of such character to remain at the helm of management IF (a big IF) they are found to be lying in front of a senate inquiry? Untenable without question (IMO).

How do you propose that they hold their position IF (once again, a big IF) it turns out to be the case that the board and Mr. Joyce have misled the Australian public about the events leading up to one of the most sensational corporate decisions in the history of this country? You my friend might have no morals but plenty of QAN investors do and I for one would not want a proven lair (IF he is found to be so) at the helm??

Secondly, how is it that the sacking of a dishonest board and management team would destroy tens of thousands of jobs?If things at the top end go belly up they just get replaced by others, simple as that. There are plenty of educated and experienced CEO's and managers in this world Dex.

You unfairly rant about QAN Pilots, Engineers and ground staff as having globally inefficient productivity, work practices and pay claims. On what basis do you come to this conclusion? There have been plenty of posts outlining the wages and conditions of Pilots and Engineers based OS with other carriers and to the best of my knowledge, Qantas Pilots and Engineers are some of the most sought after in the world and they are productive (remember the $1 Billion+ profit a few years back???). Indeed QAN made a healthy profit this year as well so collectively they must be doing something right. They are not on social security as you put it, they study and train bloody hard to get their qualifications and to upkeep them, and they work hard to get what they get, just like perhaps you do in your own working life. Aare you one of the ones on Australia's long list of social security recipients who all the so called "greedy workers" are paying for??? I think perhaps you are, otherwise you would see a pay claim of less than the 3.5% CPI as being fair and reasonable. If you are not on welfare yourself, what was your last pay rise/pay claim, or do you NEVER receive a pay rise??

BTW, do you really expect workers in Australia (in any industry) to work for third world country wages? The management of QAN certainly don't subscribe to this for themselves so GET REAL! People like you seem to conveniently forget about executive pay claims, and you bag out the workers for wanting a pay increase of less than the CPI (3.5%). Last time I looked, Mr Joyce's 71% increase was well above the 3% average the three unions are asking for! If you want to talk about pay claims, why don't you take a look at where the rot really is, in the executive management team, who greedily take millions each year for outsourcing and overseeing outdated "slash and burn" management practices. Practices that ruin this company (IMO), not complement it.

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.