It's a political tool, Scott, surely you know this? And once...

1. 2,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    It's a political tool, Scott, surely you know this? And once again, as you have done many times in the past and I have urged you consistently to reconsider, you seem just fine with this instrument because you perceive it to be on your side, prosecuting your own enemies. You should spend more time contemplating how it would feel to be on the receiving end of an ICC investigation, where you are (in the press, at least) deemed guilty as soon as an investigation is announced, and that the investigations can be opened by any single prosecutor at the ICC, for no reason, on a whim.

Is it any wonder that no less than three of the five permanent members of the UN security council - including Australia's strongest ally, refuse to ratify the institution, and that (as I said) more than half the members of our species do not recognise it as anything, much less "international"?

Also....."do you think they (Nazi leaders) should have impunity from the consequences of their actions?"....tisk, tisk Scott, reductio ad absurdum again. Please maintain a foothold in reality, stop venturing into the exclusive world of your own imagination. I never mentioned Nuremberg, though I would point out that half of those that created the framework for Nuremburg via the IMT refuse to recognise the ICC. No alarm bells yet, Scott?
    Last edited by Treefern: 31/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.