Pertains only to equal application of Federal laws. Not sure...

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Pertains only to equal application of Federal laws. Not sure what is intended to be conveyed by quoting it here.

As for s92, @mogga, the High Court considered it, but did not strike down State border closures as unconstitutional under s92 when Clive brought his case against WA.

Perhaps ironically (from your perspective) the lack of a vaccine was a factor in the Court decision, at that time. Again ironically, perhaps the vaccines subsequently provided may not be good enough for the next case against border closures to succeed on the basis that they are now available.

I guess the vaxxed will get boosters, and the manufacturers will aim one better at Delta, and if necessary, chase after the next dominant strain.

Although Delta is very 'catchy' indeed it is still not as transmissable as measles, so it's possible for an even more easily transmissible strain to develop.

Had my astra zeneca shots, and probably have a Moderna booster, or two, in due course, or a newer vax, specifically designed against Delta. Haven't heard how long the AZ takes to fade - 2-6 months seems quite short for Pfizer.

However, that 'only' relates to immunity, the protection against severity of illness and death remains, which appears all that is really on offer.

The brevity of Pfizer protection undermines discrimination against the unvaccinated, and I don't really agree with that anyway - at least not as a permanent measure.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.