CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

should this rat jump ship, page-21

1. 18,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    yes you are correct Wanelad.

Because if 2 individuals log into HC on 1 particular computer the same IP adrress would show for both usernames. (other than if the modem had been reset/power turned off between the logins. When the modem is rest/power turned off it needs to make a new connection thus then creates a new IP address(providing your not using a static connection, which continues to use the same IP address time and time again)

Yet if 1 individual uses it from a work computer and home computer (like myself yet my work computer is my laptop) HC would register me as having 2 IP addresses (Home 124.148.71.***(Westnet) & work 121.91.110.***(Virgin)) but i would beliee they only hold the IP address of the last login.

They would have a software program that scans IP and see if it matches up with another IP with a different username. If a match well you would have a multinic name.

But that can be wrong also, cause if lets say UserA is connected through telstra bigpond for eg... logs into HC under his UserA username and makes a post does his/her stuff and then leaves. That night UserA's modem died and cant be restarted.

Then UserB that is also connected to telstra bigpond but turns their modem off each and everynight so each time gets a new IP allocated to them. This time when UserB turns on his/her computer it gets the same IP address allocated to him/her as UserA had, as it is no longer connected to UserA's modem due to not having a connection.

UserB logs into HC and does his/her stuff then leaves. 3 hours later a HC admin runs the IP scanning software and finds UserA and UserB usernames have the same IP address and then they think to them selves mmm a multinic. But in a real case it isn't. Though the chances of this actually happening are pretty remote though its still there.

I hope that explains it for you.

Cheers Mark

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.