hmmm - the big thing I like is that we can throw about ideas -...

1. 81,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hmmm - the big thing I like is that we can throw about ideas - ideas that are saying that what we have atm is inadequate.

where I'm hampered in debates like this is that the party system is still maintained - as is the basic system of government - which - as far as I can see will all be totally inadequate in a very short time - indeed - it's probably the outdatedness that's the very reason for what we have atm -

it's clear that the US, Oz, UK have enormous problems in basic governance - Europe as well - but, it's a bit different because of the complexity of having nations and an EU

the biggest thing I see is that the way we run things - be it the US way or the Oz way etc is that - no one can keep up with the changes - the waves that roll over society rapidly now ------- like mobile phones, green scooters, drones etc.

I know that's a different issue to what Mick brought up - but, it's all connected - because it comes down to departments --------- and departments are headed by ministers - pretty much all of which seem to be sitting around waiting for the next disaster to happen or to self create - in all of the nations - US, UK, Oz

no matter if they are elected or picked or god knows what

if I think about Micks suggestion - I think basically - yeah, good thinking - BUT, again - would have been worth thinking about 30 or 40 years back - but, atm --------- it's all out of date anyway. (sort of like - designing a better valve for a V8 - what's the point because we're going all electric)

that said ----------- if we are really starting to think - will this or that be better

can we not begin to think if it would work in 20 years time - when ministers and departments have about 100 times the decisions to make that they have now

to me - any of these ideas will be ineffectual then

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.