WCU 0.00% 23.5¢ white canyon uranium limited

should we worry about this ?

1. 2,102 Posts.
    Guys,

I don't mean to worry anyone but i did a search on google news for Denison mines and this came up, and was posted on google about 12hrs ago

http://www.durangotelegraph.com/telegraph.php?inc=/09-05-21/quick.htm

The recent uranium boom is trending toward bust in the Four Corners. The White Mesa Mill, the nation’s only operating uranium mill, has temporarily ceased operations in nearby Blanding, Utah. Meanwhile, exploration and mining in the region is also fizzling alongside falling prices for the radioactive ore.

Uranium prices soared as high as $150 a pound during the era of the Bush administration. In response, hundreds of prospectors descended on claims in the canyon country west of Durango. Prices are now a fraction of their former selves, however. With uranium fetching roughly $40 a pound, the recent uranium rush has experienced a decided cooling. Most significantly, Denison Mines Corp., a leading uranium producer in the U.S. and Canada, has announced it will cease its regular operations at the White Mesa Mill for the remainder of 2009.

Ron Hochstein, president of Denison, noted that the current price of uranium does not support the costs of operating the mill, which is the only operating mill in the nation. Denison will be laying off personnel, though it will continue to process waste materials – “alternate feedstock,” according to the company – on a more limited scale. Denison is also scaling back its mining operations and temporarily shut two of its mines in the region.

Is This going to impact the deal with white canyon ? ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.