JantimotWe had a minor sand storm yesterday here on the Darling...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Jantimot

We had a minor sand storm yesterday here on the Darling Downs. Did not even rate a mention on any news article that I could find.
    Is this becoming the new norm and is not even talked about any more. Stanthorpe a the area around this town along with others will be out of water in a couple of months because of the worst drought on record.
    My water pressure pump for the house stopped pumping this morning. The tank ran out of water. I had to select the last tank and restart a few times to pressurize the system so I could get water. One tank left and its only 3/4 full, about 2000 gals left and no rain in sight.
    The last 5 years here has seen me run out of water a couple of times now.
    Its not getting better at all and this drought has been getting drier here for the last 20 years. Its about to bight big time and the government is now trucking in water to some smaller towns but this is going to get a lot worse soon. Stanthorpe and surrounds like Applethorpe are some of the biggest fruit growing areas in Australia and they are running out of water. The council shut down some bores about 2 years ago in a town nearby because they became too salty. The farmer next door has had their water bores deepened lately. This usually happens around here when the bores become to salty.
    But there you go people that think you can cut the forests down and who live where the climate isnt a problem YET will just say oh its just a natural cycle and dont really give a crap until their water starts to disappear and then they will cry disaster.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.