CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

show me the money ! how big is the dividend ?, page-46

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    I understand the problems associated with the JORC code relative to how various minerals and elements are defined, but my confusion with CDU is clearly fueled by the fact that it is in an unusual position that a fair part of what is in the ground is not (and cannot be) officially defined.

I get that part. I do.

I don't live in the JORC corner; I'm just so used to basing my calculations with other companies on their respective JORC figures that when it comes to a special case like CuDeco, things can be left high and dry if I try to forecast production figures. I noted this last night when those profit predictions undermined what was really in the ground.

So my question is, how will CuDeco go about quantifying the amount of native copper in the ground, because without a rough estimation (even if it isn't JORC defined), it can be very hard for investors to guage the nature of the operation.

Secondly, Definitive Feasibility Studies can only be based on ore reserves and measured resource, of which, the native copper intervals are not included.

Will it be the case that the profit margins on the native copper is not realised until CuDeco physically start mining the stuff?

Interesting discussion. Thanks for the insight. CDU is certainly a unique company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.