HDR hardman resources limited

Joker1 I view HDR and NCP as entirely different stocks for...

1. 24 Posts.

Joker1

I view HDR and NCP as entirely different stocks for investment/trading purposes.

NCP I bought at the high $8s and am now sitting on a tidy profit (having taken partial profits at 10.50). However, NCP has just broken a significant resistance level at $11 and now looks to shoot to 12-13. Hence, the likely further upside at present is another 10%. But there are many factors - NASDAQ and Q1 results tonight etc.

My latest HDR purchases have been dreadful from a trading perspective as I am now sitting on 15-20% losses (with the exception of a 53c purchase yesterday). Ordinarily, I would be cursing myself for not sticking to stop loss rules or worse, not setting up one at all. However, as I said before, my expected return from HDR with a 2-3 year perspective is 300-500% and I therefore allow myself a much wider stop loss. From a risk reward perspective, I am comfortable with the level of losses I am sitting on at the moment.

Compare HDR with NCP; when NCP reaches $12 I would seriously consider selling as my profit target is reached. Conversely, if it falls below 11, which is its current major support level. I would also consider selling. HDR is a different stock altogether simply because my expected return from this stock is substantially higher and I am willing to take on more risks. I view it as an extra long trade - which is testing on the stomach I can tell you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.