HDR hardman resources limited

showdown, page-21

1. 2,271 Posts.
    Oh dear oh gosh oh golly Chingy.
    For a guy who is so researched on fundamentals, you really are are a stubby short of a carton when it comes to basics.

Imagine how much more you would have if you had sold originally at $1 when it started plummeting on a dry hole and rebought when the stock bottomed and turned up? Or again at around 90 when the market didn't like an announcement and didn't like Go....err whoops. Ted's "mates" deals and leaked placement?

What kept you from doing it? Hopelessly in love? Frightened to admit you got it wrong (at least temporarily)? A lot of money is lost on the market by guys trying to prove they are right ---> see "averaging down".

For every piece of academic research you will find about traders losing you'll find either the opposite, or a trader with a hefty wallet. And what if they did all lose? Isn't that a blessing to ye faithful and Aussie battlers and moms and dads? If you can't work out the equation matey, it's pretty simple. Like ... for every loser there has to be a winner. If I had held all my stocks during this bear market I'd hate to look at my bank account now!

This stock is a heavily traded one, like it or not. And so far the technical analysis guys seem to be doing far better than the fundamentalists. This is a bear market and both traders and holders are nervous, They trust nobody (even...must I say his name ... Ted)
    Their thoughts and actions are totally different to Mr Average in a bull market.
    They trust no announcement and continually look for possible negatives. How often have you seen in the last 6 months stocks go down fast on top of a seemingly good ann? A year ago a 2 gallon bucket of oil would have seen buyers come in, but the time they are a-changin.

And mate, since you seem to think all traders (or is it just HDR sellers) are fools, I find guys who don't protect their capitol and lock in profits with a stop loss even more idiotic. I'm trying to keep it simple Chingy, why does a trader have to be classified a bear to be stopped out and harvest a profit? If you took the blinkers off and stopped suffering from tunnel vision and tried to lose this hopeless love affair with a stock, you'd realise that most of those bears are back in now. And ummm ... same with those dopey insto's too perhaps?

Now just one thing intrigues me. Ok, I accept that all traders lose. Reason...they don't get inside info like the insto's.

Now, obviously an upstanding guy like you doesn't get inside info either (after all it's highly illegal)

So where does that leave you (and me for that matter)? No hope at all!

Just one isolated case....Bomber.
    I started my self managed superannuation fund by putting it in the trusty informed hands of a fund manager (gawwwd struth, think of all that inside info).
    Ho hum, they blew 16% of my money in 18 months.
    So, I started buying shares, and most I held TOO LONG. Didn't do much good their either.
    So what did I do you ask?

I started TRADING. One thing losses in a bear market DID teach me was ... don't take much notice of fundamentals, some of the "can't fail" companies hit the deck fast. Far more a guide to look at how the guys buying and selling see it.
    Pretty happy chappy now. I must be doing something wrong.

Do you ever hear a trader whinging that you tight arsed long term holders don't do a thing to help a stocks liquidity?
    Noooope, they just get on with the job of trying to make a buck.
    All the whinging I hear on daytrading forums are the traders going crook at themselves for picking it wrong, not somebody else they have chosen to blame.
    I take my hat off to day traders, where would we all be without them providing movement and liquidity. I'd hate to see some of the spreads without them mate, might make it a tad hard for the Aussie battler to enter or exit at around where he wants to.

Oh well, back to work.
    Now you have a nice day.

Bomber

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.