RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

showman

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi showman

Welcome to the forum
    The quality of your posts on other stocks, and your standing in the mining industry, makes you a highly prized addition to the RRS thread. Welcome aboard.

For Your Information, and for the interest of others.

Unfortunately there are a few posters on RRS who have only negative commentary to offer. Their postings are:

1. always frivolous

2. usually in response to positive contributions by others

3. always without any accompanying objective research/info whatsoever.

You will quickly come to know to whom I am referring (although my guess is that you already know).

I believe these posters to be associates of powerful manipulative interests, and that they are possibly connected to a particular broker who deals heavily in this stock. I believe that they and/or their associates constantly profit from the volatility they help to create. The barrage of negativity supplied in postings on Thursday Nov 1st is a classic case in point.

As you would be aware, the stock fell out of its recent trading range on Thursday in unison with the conjecture associated with a news release on the internet by Garowe Online. If you also check the trading in the stock on Thursday you will find a downward bias associated with the majority of cross trades executed, almost as if a broking interest(s) were trying to guide the price lower.

Indeed, the company felt it necessary to put out a clarifying report yesterday to better inform the market.

Garowe Online and other blogs and news agencies, provide a constant stream of information (or misinformation?) via the internet that continually impacts investors’ perceptions of Range Resources. The political saga associated with ex Prime Minister Gedi and a proposed National Oil Law for Somalia is a prime example. Personally, I have found it more reliable to simply follow the company’s reporting of its achievements (and there have been many) and the reporting of events by the official Puntland Government website.

Although the RRS thread is tarnished by the actions of certain posters, the company has nevertheless made outstanding progress with its dealings in Somalia over the past two years. I (and others) can provide you with a list of achievements. Yes, the sovereign risk in this part of the world is high, but the potential rewards just happen to be very attractive, as per the Fox Davies report published yesterday.

My continued positivity in this stock, despite all of the gyrations, traumas and disappointments while the company has slowly achieved its objectives, is essentially related to the following:

1. The structure of its register (It has very strong institutional representation) It is unusual for such a highly speculative stock like Range to have such strong backing.

2 The tightness of its register. The Top 20 is upwards of 70% (The institutions have generally retained their holdings despite the volatility experienced through 2007).

3. Puntland’s Outstanding Prospectivity for Oil (There appears to be unanimous agreement that the oil targets are extremely prospective and very large in size. Extensive data/knowledge, (including oil shows) is available from earlier work done by the likes of Conoco, some years ago).

4. The strong Joint Venture Partner (ie.Africa Oil and its connections to the influential Lukas Lundin

5. The Future Potential (100% Mineral Rights, Potential Offshore JV’s)

6. The strong outlook for Oil and Commodities (Range is highly geared to this sector with its 100% rights to oil and minerals in Puntland)

Why this post?
    I am a frequent lurker on Hot Copper, but a seldom poster both here and on other threads, mainly because I cannot abide the self interest and destructive actions of certain posters. Although I am not against alternate views, or even negative views, I do detest blatant down ramping and deliberate attempts to mislead the forums.

I have no problem with anyone’s stance on here, provided it is accompanied by rational argument, pertinent research and carefully thought out and well presented opinion. Yes, A lot to ask for, I know….lol

showman,
    I have a feeling that you will be a refreshing addition to the Range thread. Please make yourself comfortable and feel free to stay around for a while.

I would be most interested in your thoughts about RRS after you have had time to do some research. Yesterday’s Fox Davies Report is a good place to start. There are other, even more enthusiastic reports, available on their website.

Certainly the upside is potentially enormous. Yes there are still political risks going forward, however a lot of the project risk of 2 years ago has been eliminated by the reaching of milestones to date. It seems that all of the hard work is now done.

I am hopeful that the brakes on the share price will soon be removed and we move onward and upward from here, and hopefully with positivity, and without the baggage of the last 2 years provided by a certain select few. I have a sense that the train is about to leave the station, slowly at first, and then gathering momentum as drilling approaches (toot toot!!!!).

Exciting times ahead methinks. Apologies if I appear to be ramping, I’m just trying to tell it how it is…lol

Best Regards
    Nev

Ps. Showman, one final thing.
    If you would care to contact me, I would actually like to quiz you about another stock.

[email protected]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.