SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

showtime???, page-3

1. 1,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    An interesting struggle going on. I wonder if we will see 16.5c today?

This has got to be under the eyes of many, especially when we continue to read articles like this;

Miners dictating iron ore prices: CISA

* Chuin-Wei Yap
    * April 15, 2010 12:49

GLOBAL miners are no longer conducting real negotiations for iron ore prices, but dictating outcomes to customers, China Iron and Steel Association chairman Luo Bingsheng said.

"Now there are no negotiations any more," Mr Luo said at an industry conference.

"Now it's 'I say the price, you must accept, or else we will stop supplying you.'"

Mr Luo described iron ore miners Brazil's Vale, BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto as sharing "a high degree of monopoly" in the supply of seaborne iron ore, though he stopped short of indicating what measures, if any, he thought the government should pursue against the miners.

China's crude steel output this year is expected to reach 600 million tonnes, Mr Luo added.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

While steel prices have risen sharply, especially in late March and early April, he said, the domestic steel industry still faces serious challenges, including global protectionism, sharply higher inventory levels and slow consolidation in the industry.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/miners-dictating-iron-ore-prices-cisa/story-e6frg9dx-1225854069848

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.