Yes, it’s impossible to ACCELERATE to the speed of light and...

1. 3,191 Posts.
    Yes, it’s impossible to ACCELERATE to the speed of light and beyond. That’s Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. But like all such theories, they are only approximations of the real universe. There are a number of other ideas of how we (or for that matter aliens) can travel from one point in space to another either much faster than the speed of light or even instantaneously. None of this has been demonstrated in practice of course but it doesn’t mean they are not possible. In fact, I would find it as silly to think we’ve exhausted all forms of travel. One would have to be naïve to the extreme to think there are no more means of travel other than pushing on a rocket with whatever propulsion to accelerate and decelerate it in physical space. Even the idea of worm holes may be infantile to a more advanced form of space travel. We simply are babes in the universe when it comes to such things.

As for aliens, well I’m not convinced they exist in our universe for a number of points. For one, if the non-creationist way of how life was created is right, then there should be literally millions of other civilisation just in our own galaxy; and there are billions of other galaxies. Also, most would have started out a long time before we did. They would have developed the same form communication in the corresponding period of development that we are in where by we use radio waves. More advanced civilisations would be expected to use something else much better, perhaps. Anyway, those that were using radio waves would by now be flooding us with their radio waves, and we should be picking them up using our SETI project. Guess what – nothing. If they haven’t picked anything up by now then they never will. The distances involved are obviously huge but that doesn’t matter. As I said a civilisation that started long before we did at the right time and distance, be it 10 light years, 100, 1000, or whatever, would be now have sent either deliberately or accidentally (as we are) radio transmissions into space for all to pick up. So, given we haven’t picked any then my only conclusion is we are the only civilisation. So, they’re no aliens visiting our planet from other planets in our universe.

That brings me to my second point. If the creationist theory is right, then a God might or might not have created other civilisations. Unless God only created a few of them separated by extreme distances (billions of light years say) then we should have received radio transmissions as per above. So, in this case we would have the same result – no aliens from other planets in our universe visiting our planet.

But here’s the contradiction. I do believe there is something going on. There are simply too many reputable witnesses who have seen and reported UFOs. Of course there are the usual hoaxes and simply sick people who say they have seen or contacted them. Let’s ignore them. The reputable ones have professional jobs (pilots, astronauts, doctors, scientists, etc.) who would know better. So, I believe there is something going on, and it’s more than just secret tests of new aircraft and the like.
    What I believe is probably of no consequence but I can summarise it all down to two possible theories, one for the creationists and the other for the non-creationists.

For the creationists God exists so the answer is probably this. The UFOs are not aliens from other planets but fabrication of spaceships by daemons to fool people into believing they are from other planets. Why? Well it could be to fit in with what the Bible says about the forthcoming rapture and tribulation. The anti-Christ would have everyone believe the rapture is caused by a mass alien abduction so the people remaining are forced into following him rather than the true Christ.
    For the non-creationists, God doesn’t exists so they have only to resort to life being created by accident and evolving to a civilised for of life through mutations and the like. However, given I’ve brought forward the case earlier that other civilisations do not exists then there’s a problem. The only way out I see is we are alone in this universe but there are other universes that are teaming with other civilisations but the radio waves of those that were or still are at about the same level of evolution as us can’t reach our universe. However, the more advanced ones can travel to our universe and are visiting us simply because they are interested in observing a lone civilisation in our universe. They are probably wondering why we are the only ones yet their universe(s) are teaming with civilisations. If this is so then no doubt there are other universes with no civilisations, one, few, or many.

Take you pick which theory is correct.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.