SHV 1.31% $3.87 select harvests limited

I have some conflicting attitudes toward SHV. Should I play it...

1. 2,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    I have some conflicting attitudes toward SHV.

Should I play it for capital grow? Then SHV is a commodity stock. Therefore when slumps occur one either holds or buys, on sp strength one holds or sells. Any other buying/selling strategy ultimately leads the poor speculator to near zero in a gut puking slide.

Should I play it for its dividend? To better one's yield and overall return then hold your nose and buy the slump, or just hold. At tops enjoy the ride because of the accumulation done during slumps, while looking for the next divvy player fitting into one's strategy and, depending on portfolio allocation, sell some SHV to buy that next dividend stock, or a zippy-shiny red car.

I believe SHV is financially sound. Almond pricing goes up and down, but almonds consumption grows and grows from huge new markets (think China then Asia) to health conscious (think super food) mature/affluent markets. The question then quickly and sharply goes to whether the dividend is safe. Later this month Q$ will be released which should definitively answer the safety question.

Trade accordingly.

OV

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.87
Change
0.050(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $468.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.81 $3.88 $3.80 $575.8K 149.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1312 $3.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 8830 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.