To: Shift4, arthur, AlphaCenturian and others To: Shift4,...

1. 635 Posts.
    To: Shift4, arthur, AlphaCenturian and others To: Shift4, arthur, AlphaCenturian and others.
    << you have to wonder why management don't act. other forums are able to exert some influence over the standards of decorum for their forum. >>

These Forums should be 'self-managed'.
    The host make the facility available, but can't and should not have to invest time in the day-to-day management of the content of postings.
    HC's problem is mainly in the software used.
    Have a look at SI :
    http://www.siliconinvestor.com
    It is a feature packed site.
    If you start a thread you are the host.
    You can choose to have yout thread moderated or non-moderated.
    If moderated you warned a poster who are out of line.
    If no improvement you have the power/tool to exclude that poster from your thread.
    SI have a number of great threads with poster who provide 'real' information and often have a great in-depth knowledge about the subject. Many times they are in business in the relevant industry.
    Have a look at this thread if you are interested in oil and oil related stock on the US market.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/subject.gsp?subjectid=50987

Many people have made a good deal of money following posters like 'jim_p' (good market reading, FA and some TA), dabum3 (good TA and great charts) BigDog (on the ground oil and oil rig info.) and many others.
    That is just one example.
    I follow about a dozen or so threads at the moment for my US trading activities.
    Silver Prices is another good thread for those with an interest in silver.

Good luck all.
    Now check out the software used for the site - imho the very best I have come across of forums. Best for content, search, ignore etc. and you subscribe to a 'subject'. In other words you don't have to read thru all the crap like on HC.
    The way I read HC now is by having a group of favourites and just read their post and go out from there. Sure you miss some new posters, but at least you don't go 'bonkers in hell'.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.