S32 1.35% $3.66 south32 limited

I wouldn't mind one bit if we took an extra X % of Sierra Gorda....

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    I wouldn't mind one bit if we took an extra X % of Sierra Gorda. It's a quality asset, a known factor, and incresses our copper exposure. Especially if KGHM wanted to settle a deal quickly, and we were able to easily arrange the capital required without having to do any due diligence. A joint venture with them to take ownership of a world class asset in Ukraine would be interesting too. It's probably a fair way down the track though.

As for Ukraine, the repair bill will be in the hundreds of billions, perhaps 1 trillion plus USD (of probably US and EU funds), by this stage. I've read that Poland and Ukraine have traditionally been close. They are surely much closer now given the co-operation over the past 12 months. Poland is the largest, closest, EU country. Gee, if you were a Polish civil engineering company (like Downer or Worley), (or a building materials Brickworks or James Hardie-type) company, which designed and built bridges, roads, train stations, public infrastructure, etc. you'd have a lot on your mind about future possibilities. The amount of work available once hostilities cease will be virtually endless. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I wonder how much copper and aluminium will be needed in a re-build, and whether it will be enough to affect global demand for the proceeding few years. Extra pressure on supply would come at a bad time with projected shortages due to under-investment, and EV demands ramping up. Surely it would push prices up if Ukraine and China were both wanting a lot of raw materials.

A poster here a few weeks back astutely said he was going to sell at $4.70 and buy back at $4.00. Talk about inspired and astute. Wow! I'm just not that clever with trading positions. It's with all these various and diverse future tailwinds that I'm very happy to own S32 and keep adding to my position if there's sudden weakness. I missed $4.00 but bought a small parcel yesterday. Another dip below $4.00 and the parcel size won't be so modest. As for exiting my S32 position and hoping to buy back cheaper....not a chance! Knowing my luck that's exactly when we'd get a takeover bid! But my respect and congratulations to the guy who successfully did so

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
-0.050(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $16.57B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.73 $3.60 $56.87M 15.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 348810 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 22679 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.