1. 9,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5300

In America:

Dow Industrials -0.1%
    Dow Transports -0.9%
    SP500 -0.13%
    Russell 2000 +0.19%
    Nasdaq100 +0.42%

Comment: AA relatively flat night. The market appears to be consolidating.
    Breadth was good withNew Highs came in at 173 while New Lows came in at 7.

The Materials Sector +0.13% and Energy Sector +0.62%. (Not much in that for Australia but better than negative.) Four out of nine S&P Sectors were up, with Energy the strongest, +0.62%. The Banking Sector was down -1.16%. Semi-conductors was was also well down, -0.99%.

Europe:
    France -0.61%
    Germany -0.05%
    London +0.11%

Gold in U.S. Dollars is up +1.22%. Gold in Oz Dollars is up +1.72%. (This will bear close watching as Gold traditionally comes into a strong seasonal period in the middle of July. If this is the start it augurs well of Australian gold stocks.) AUD/USD down -0.77% to finish at 106.9. (Those figures are not positive for the longer term Australian market.) EWA (the ETF for Australian shares) was down very strongly -1.64%.

Technical Comment on the DJ Industrial Average:
    The DJIA finished at 12569.9.
    Above the 13-Day MA. Positive.
    Above the 150-Day MA. Positive.
    Indicators:
    Stochastic: 97.2. Overbought. Caution
    The 13-Day MA is above the 150-Day MA and heading up. Positive.
    RSI.9 is at 71.2. Overbought. In a region where retracements can occur.
    MACD Histogram above Zero . Positive
    MACD above Zero. Positive.
    CCI.14: +175.7 and dropping. Caution

The indicators have moved up into overbought readings. Caution. Some downside can be expected.

Chart Pattern

The chart hit resistance at around 12600 and is consolidating. I recently suggested a measured move with a target of 12570. The market has reached that target. Some retreat seems probable. A bounce off the Median Line of the Pitchfork would be positive. Let's wait and see what happens.

I think we?re back to ?buy the dips? after being in ?sell the rallies? mode since the beginning of May.

Good luck
    Redb

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.