SIP 1.55% $1.31 sigma pharmaceuticals limited

A lot of VERY annoyed, loyal long standing Sigma customers will...

1. 7,993 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 699
    A lot of VERY annoyed, loyal long standing Sigma customers will consider transfer their business to other wholesalers if as suspected, it is revealed that Sigma were "double dealing" by giving certain pharmacy groups far greater discounts than the majority of its customers AND 6 months extended credit. The rest get 30 days credit on most items.

I have been around long enough to remember when Slater Walker bought Drug Houses of Australia ( DHA ) in 1970.
    DHA was originally called Felton Grimwade and started in 1867 ( no that is not a typo)
    DHA was a major national pharmaceutical wholesaler with tremendous goodwill with 1000s of loyal pharmacy clients.
    Different circumstances then, but DHA under Slater Walker management completely disenfranchised all its pharmacy customers and there was a mass exodus from DHA to the other pharmacy wholesalers.
    With few remaining customers, DHA went broke and folded in a very short time.
    More than 100 years of wholesaling to the retail pharmaceutical industry was destroyed in about 1 year.

Not saying the same thing will happen with SIGMA, but they do need to repair lots of fences..... of it just could happen.

I am NOT impressed.

I have a small holding in SIP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.