sign of the times, page-14

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Agree oorain, about the expensive beers coming down and the cheaper(in price only, not taste) going up.
    I was put on to Ottinger, a German Pilsner, available only at BWS a few years back. The best part was that it was great on taste and 'funnily' only $30 carton, double bargain. You guessed it, price has creeped up a few dollars.
    And yes, $45 does seem to be the average these days. It's like trading stocks, it's a support level consumers consider a BUY lol

Competition is lacking. Just the other day I was reading in Perth Woolworths had some massive mega store proposal knocked back because it was just down the road from a Cole's First Choice. When will these two realise we are not lemmings. You can have a discount store but it doesn't have to be right next to your opponent or else we won't find it.
    We all seem to agree that we've tried several brands on a rotating basis. I choose my store because 'it's there', no other reason. I don't trek to find a bargain, no need to. Once inside you always find something you like on
    special, always.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense. A few weeks back I was able to buy Stella Artois, imported Belgium, for $40. The Aust cartons were higher. I asked why not sell it for the Aust version's price, the guy had no answer, it was what it was. Go figure!

Still, chin chin.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.