TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

benson1610. Did you read my post about Vodaphone and their great...

1. 93 Posts.
    benson1610.
    Did you read my post about Vodaphone and their great results? This is what I would like to see happen to TLS. I am not against TLS shareholders at all. But getting all worked up about the NBN as many on this thread seem to do, won't change anything. It is better to go straight to the cause of the problems which have been there since Conroy was a schoolboy.

I agree with those who have said that the wholesale and retail arms of TLS should have been separated long ago, before T1 was floated. The conflict of interest has been a big part of the problem.

OK. So I railed against the company pretty heavily. I have good reason to, based on how they destroyed value in MY company 10 years ago. I don't suffer fools gladly and there have been plenty of them at and near the top of TLS over the years. They have cost not just me, but every Australian, heaps.

Please don't confuse my attitude to the company, especially the management, with shareholders. In the end what is good for the customer is good for the company is good for the shareholders. Nothing would make me happier than to see TLS trading at above $30 where it belongs.

Right now, the P/B ratio is about 3. This means that each $3 share has about $1 of assets backing it. According to the stats on Commsec, their debt to equity ration is a frightening 140%. Put those two together and you can see that the company is hanging together by its cashflow and nothing much else.

If you look at the potential threats to cashflow, there are a few significant ones and I don't think that they can afford to lose any of it. That is why change is so vital. The company just can't afford to continue flatlining at a SP of $3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.89 $3.86 $49.76M 12.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 228669 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 236423 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.